My files won't print through AccuRIP. I have a USB connection from my printer to my MAC computer.
First, make sure the AccuRIP queue is cleared out and there are no jobs with a red x in the history.
Update to the latest version of AccuRIP. A purchase Upgrade may be required.
1. From the Apple System Preferences go to Print & Scan (Print & Fax with older Operating Systems)
2. Locate the AccuRIP to Epson Printer Driver and remove/delete it. AccuRIP uses its own printer driver to communicate directly with the printer on the Mac OS. Neat and clean.
3. Open AccuRIP and from the File menu choose Setup. Select the inkjet model and check all settings, especially the connection. Go to the 'How is your printer connected?' tab. Make sure you have selected 'Local' and that it displays USB. If it shows USB then the Mac OS can see the printer properly. If you see an error message correct any connection issue the printer is having with the Mac OS.
In the tab 'How would you like this screened?' make sure the 'Advanced Dot Gain' feature is unchecked.
Click OK to build a new AccuRIP to Epson Print Driver.
4. From the File menu in AccuRIP choose 'Halftone Test Print'. That should print.
5. After the Halftone Test Print file prints properly open a NEW blank document/page (not one of your previous files) in your graphic program and make a small square or circle. Print using the new AccuRIP to Epson Printer Driver. That should print. When it does, you are ready to try your own files. If printing fails at that point there is a postscript error in the file that you need to troubleshoot, BUT your AccuRIP connection is solid.
Any document, pdf or link mentioned in this article can be located in the Resources.
Need help from a technician? Select the "Submit a request" option on the top right of the web page.
Assistance from a technician is available Monday-Friday, 9 am to 6 pm EST.