“Unable to connect to Ripcore” or “Lost connection to Ripcore” message on screen.
These are two very different errors.
1. “Lost connection to Ripcore”: This is a an issue with a print file not the software directly.
AccuRIP attempts to self reset by shutting down and resetting for another print attempt.
This can appear when you are able to open and run AccuRIP, as files print an error occurs stating the connection to Ripcore has been lost. This is caused by bad postscript in the print file.
* Try this: If your own files fail to print or create a new Ripcore issue then the file contains an postscript issue that needs to be resolved. Copy and paste the file to a NEW page and convert all fonts to outlines/curves.
AccuRIP closes and resets. If the trouble continues stop printing that file. From the File menu in AccuRIP print the TEST print to prove the RIP and printer are operating properly.
If that fails to help re-create your art file.
2. “Unable to connect to Ripcore”:
Damaged files need to be cleaned out. Files will recreate automatically when Ripcore restarts.
This can appear when AccuRIP attempts to launch and fails. User can not get into AccuRIP, app closes down (Mac and Windows). The Mac version may also show only the AccuRIP menu and nothing more on screen needing to be “force quit”.
The cause of this is a previous print file with bad postscript that crashed some system files related to Ripcore. Trashing/deleting these folders/files will repair the issue.
* Once repaired Try this: First, from the File menu in AccuRIP print the TEST print to prove the RIP and printer are operating properly.
If your own files fail to print or create a new Ripcore issue then the file contains an postscript issue that needs to be resolved. Repair Ripcore again. Next, copy and paste the file to a NEW page and convert all fonts to outlines/curves.
If that fails to print or creates another Ripcore issue, repair Ripcore and re-create your art file.
Step by step resolve for “Unable to connect to Ripcore”:
Working with a current version of AccuRIP Software will most often resolve a Ripcore issue.
First step: is the install the newest version of AccuRIP. Download and run the installer to replace your present install.
Users of AccuRIP version 1.03 and earlier Upgrade online:
Next Step Mac OS:
1. From the Finder using the "Go Menu" choose "Go to Folder", copy and paste or type in the following path exactly as it appears:
/Library/Application Support/FawkesEngineering/AccuRIPBP/RipCore/Data this will take you directly to the folders jobManager and PSDisk0.
2. Trash/delete each folder individually (jobManager folder, PSDisk0), you will not be able to empty the trash until the computer has been restarted. Upon restart of the computer these files and folders will be recreated. Now you may empty the trash.
Like videos? AccuRIP Videos click here Mac Ripcore Repair
3. Restart the computer, launch AccuRIP. AccuRIP will open and all previous settings will remain.
4. From the "File Menu" choose "Halftone Test Print". When this prints you are ready to work again.
* If your own files fail to print or create a new Ripcore issue then the file contains an postscript issue that needs to be resolved. Copy and paste the file to a NEW page and convert all fonts to outlines/curves.
If that fails to help, re-create your art file.
Next Step Windows OS:
1. From the keyboard press and hold the Windows and the letter R keys to the Run Program Feature. Type in "services.msc" (exclude the quote marks). Once you are in the "Services" window locate Ripcore and STOP the service. You will be turning the Ripcore Services back on; leave this window open.
Option: Go to the "Start button", choose "Accessories", select "Run".
2. Launch Run Program again (Windows and the letter R keys), enter the proper path below for your particular version of Windows OS locating the jobManager folder & PSDisk0 folder (copy and paste the path exactly as seen below into the Run Program field).
Windows Vista through 10:
Any document, pdf or link mentioned in this article can be located in the Resources.
Need help from a technician? Select the "Submit a request" option on the top right of the web page.
Assistance from a technician is available Monday-Friday, 9 am to 6 pm EST.