LATEST NEWS: All printing has suddenly stopped or garbled text and/or postscript code is printing when using the AccuRIP to Epson print driver.
As of April 1, 2015 it appears AVG may have corrected the issue. Download the newest update and try printing again with AVG turned ON.
Windows users may be experiencing a new print issue. They can print from the Epson driver as well as print TEST pages from AccuRIP and the AccuRIP to Epson printer driver, but any prints sent from a graphics program using the AccuRIP to Epson printer driver listed in the Print window fail.
Should this happen, first check if you recently accepted any AVG software updates. Early March 2015 AVG pushed out an update that has effected print services on Windows computers.
Temporary solution is to turn off (suspend) or remove AVG from the computer until AVG fixes this bug.
1. From the Windows task bar locate the AVG icon and right click.
2. Choose 'Temporarily disable AVG protection'.
3. Choose an option (time or until restart). Also choose to disable the Firewall as well. Waited until the AVG window showed all were off before doing the test print.
4. Preform a quick test to prove the issue was the AVG update by printing successfully from Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator through the AccuRIP to Epson print driver.
How to suspend AVG from within AVG:
1. Open AVG.
2. From the ‘Options’ menu, choose 'Advanced Settings'.
3. Choose 'Temporarily disable AVG protection' in the left menu.
The next few steps are out of sync:
4. Click the 'Temporarily disable AVG protection' button.
5. Default amount of time is 10 minutes. Press 'OK'. Allow the program to make changes to the computer. Click OK to finish. Wait until the AVG window showed all were off before doing the test print.
6. Preform a quick test to prove the issue was the AVG update by printing successfully from Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator through the AccuRIP to Epson print driver.
Any document, pdf or link mentioned in this article can be located in the Resources.
Need help from a technician? Select the "Submit a request" option on the top right of the web page.
Assistance from a technician is available Monday-Friday, 8 am to 6 pm EST.